We are currently looking for a full-time baker to join our team as soon as possible.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Clean and maintain baking equipment, utensils, and tools.
- Measure, weigh, and prepare ingredients using a variety of devices
- Knead, roll, cut, and prepare dough as needed.
- Monitor oven temperatures, speed settings, mixing machines, and other baking equipment.
- Ensure food surfaces and baking equipment meet all health and safety standards.
- Follow existing recipes.
- Monitor items during baking.
- Decorate, glaze, apply icing, and prepare toppings for baked goods i.e. cakes
- Evaluate ingredients and food for quality.
- Operate slicing, cutting, and wrapping equipment.
- Able to work early morning (3:00 AM to 11AM) and weekend shifts
- 40 hours / week
- Ability to follow directions and established procedures
- Works well as part of a team and on individual tasks.
- Proficiency using kitchen equipment and appliances including mixers, blenders
- Great attention to detail and creativity
- 1-2 years of working experience as a baker
- Understand food / sanitation procedures
- Experience with cake decoration techniques
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Ability to remain professional and courteous with customers at all times
- Certification from a culinary school is a plus
- Secondary school diploma
- At Hazeldean Bakery (9627 – 66 Ave. Edmonton AB T6E 0M2)
Wage and Benefits:
- $15.00 to $18.00/hr (based on experience)
- Medical and dental benefits
- 4% vacation pay
Lucy’s Sweets Ltd (Hazeldean Bakery) is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
Please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in the position. We thank all applicants in advance for your interest, however those under consideration will be contacted,